Sitemeter

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

WESTWARD HO

As most of you know we went west with K&W and Richard & Caroline. R&C left a few days before us and we were to hook up with them in Thunder Bay. We were meeting K&W at a truck inspection station north of Huntsville. As we drove past Gravenhurst I thought to myself, it would be funny if we arrived at the intersection at Bracebridge at the same time as K&W. As we approached the bridge. guess what, there they were coming around the bend which was about 30 or 40 KM ahead of our meeting place.

We moved right along talking on the CB's and stopped at a Husky station in Hearst for the night then met R&C next day in TB. The next few days were steady driving as planned right through to the mountains with uneventful stops at night. As we entered the Rockies, I had to explain about the factories that build the mountains which are visible to the right, to R&C, but that's another story. At Sicamous we left R&C and went to Abottsford were we stayed 4 nights then K&W went to visit Megan & Adam in Everett WA. and we kept Muggans for the day, no big deal, I thought at the time, till they returned and informed us that they had a private tour or the Ship that Adam is on, NOW it is a big deal!

Next day M&A came to abbotsford and we went to Fort Langley for the day, it is a restored Fort from the Hudson Bay fur days. I participated in a fur traded demonstration which was fun.

The lady doing the show asked my name and I said "Tom" then she dressed me in period costume and I was a fur carrier delivering them in a imaginary canoe. Later she asked my name again and I replied "Tom still" so she started calling me "Tom Still". Later that day M&A went back home.

The following day we went to Stanley Park where a guy on a bike said some thing I didn't like so I accidently pushed him a bit and he called me a nasty name which was kind of funny.

We hooked up with R&C and headed east to Yoho Nat. Park on the way R&C had engine trouble so had to spend a night in Revelstoke to get it fixed and we all went on to the park and they showed up a day later.

We spent 4 nights in the park touring the sights then headed back to see S&L in Kenora then came home.

4 comments:

Cherylinn said...

I like your "I accidently pushed him"....kind of like the guys in the swimming pool...I won't say anything further. LOL...My kids still remember that one.

Fiddling Granny said...

Hmmm . at the time I was aghast that he would turn my little exchange of words with a loser into a physical thing. Now I'm finding out he has a history of this ind of behaviour.

Accidently, my arse! LOL

Fiddling Granny said...

Hmmm . at the time I was aghast that he would turn my little exchange of words with a loser into a physical thing. Now I'm finding out he has a history of this ind of behaviour.

Accidently, my arse! LOL

Prince Charming said...

HAHAHA. I know where I get my sparatic aggressiveness from. YOU THE MAN!!! I'm jelous I couldn't go with you guys out there. If you guys are planning any camping trips around here keep me in mind