Sitemeter

Monday, September 6, 2010

DAMN ELUSIVE KEYS

So yesterday we went with C&J to visit a friend, N&L and T&P were there also, after we left and came back to C&J's for a while. We then were about to leave their house when I discovered that my keys were missing. I checked my pockets twice, no luck, then Cheryl asked where is your coat, you had a coat when we all left here this AM. Must be at the friends house. Fortunately Mrs.G had a spare remote and there was a spare key in the truck so we left C&J's planning to call the friend's house later cause they had gone out now.

Later in the evening I called and said that my coat is hanging on the door handle, will you check the pockets for my keys, which she did, NO KEYS, and there is a hole in the pocket.

I then remembered that when we arrived at C&J's, they were already in their truck ready to go and I had jumped out of our truck and ran around the front of it and jumped into their truck. When we went to leave I walked around the back of our truck to leave. The keys must have fallen out the hole in the pocket, so we decided to go back to C&J's and look in their drive.

As I went to put on my seat belt I felt something under my left leg. I had worn cargo pants, which I seldom wear, and the keys were in the leg pocket the whole time.

I humbley called everybody to try to explain what had happened.

They on the other hand were not too kind with their comments.

3 comments:

Cherylinn said...

Wow....talk about a "tard".....LOL

My dad is special.

Laura said...

I must confess I did the same thing last week. I searched everywhere for the spare keys to Kevin's SUV. I might drive it twice a year so there is no way I had them. Right? Wrong. Just before we left for NB I changed shorts and there they were in the pocket of shorts I wore the previous week.

Fiddling Granny said...

Don't ya wish the poltergeists would return them BEFORE you tell everyone?!