Sitemeter

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

WINTER JOY

Having just read FG blog I decided to do one.

I don't much like winter so what do I do for entertainment? Well when forced to do so, I shovel the snow which has been plentiful this year. We went to several music concerts in Haliburton and on Christmas Day, 3 of our daughters and their down line came to visit then we got a phone call from Carole & Clive in England.

We went to Cheryl & John's house for a New Years party which was great fun, however Wendy misplaced her camera which caused a great deal of excitement and suspicion for a few day!!!
In the past few years we have gone to FL for a couple of months BUT with the economy situation we decided to not go. Later we decided to go for a couple of weeks.

The morning of departure the battery was dead in the trailer which created a slight problem, but hooking up the truck to it solved the problem. We drove through some terrible conditions and a blizzard before we got to U.S. then the sun came out south of Pt Huron. As we approached Detroit I75 was under construction and a detour through Detroit was disasterous. We arrived in central KY but it was too cold to stay in the trailer so we stayed in a Super 8 whose driveway was all ice. The next day south of Knoxville we ran into another Blizzard which was unusual. Locals were crawlling along I75 so we were passing all of them being followed by Truckers.

Fl was pretty cool, no it was cold, but warmer than at home. With the dish, we could watch the snow storms at home which made FL seem warmer. In FL we learned about the ISS which was visible over head every night. ( when we got home we found that it wasn't the ISS)

When we went to leave FL the battery on the Trailer was again dead but the truck one worked

When we got back home I got to shovel more snow--lots of times.

That's the way it's been the rest of the time, look out the window and curse the snow and rain then go out and shovel it. etc. etc.

A couple of days ago it warmed up enough to try to locate the trailer battery problem but that's an ongoing problem.

Before I started typing this, I thought that I have done nothing since the fall.

3 comments:

Fiddling Granny said...

You have been a busy little scoundrel ... and I thought when people retire they just sit around and wait for the toilet paper roll to run out!

Cherylinn said...

No matter what the season there is always something to look forward to. With the exception to spring...dampness, rain, mud, bugs give me winter anyday. I LOVE winter, I like fall, I can deal with spring....but I HATE hot, humid summer. YUCK!

SusanE said...

Things to look forward to each season:

Spring - the soft green leaves as the come out of their buds. The forest has a delicate look to it that only last a week at the most.

Summer - Kenora is perfect, not humid and rarely too hot.

Autumn - the beautiful smell that emanates from the forest floor.

Winter - well how many words am I allowed to type, there are so many good things one can say about winter. I'll grant that most people wouldn't agree, but winter is the best, you just have to find something that you can only do in winter and the time then flies by way too quickly.