Sitemeter

Monday, February 23, 2009

INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION (ISS)

At 6.25 am I looked at the schedule for the ISS and saw that it was to go over at 6.27 with a 4 minute window. I rushed outside just in time to see it exactly as is described in the schedule.
It was 20 degrees above the north horizon and I was able to see it for a couple of min.

The best time previously was Sat. Feb.22 at 5.33am when it would have been almost directly overhead for 2 min. the problem on that day was heavy overcast.

This time it wasn't the Florida hoax.

I was hoping to see somebody looking out the window at me but I guess they were too busy with frivolous chores.

What I had for the web site was wrong. Wendy has put the correct address in the comment section

9 comments:

Fiddling Granny said...

So did it just look like a light or could you tell what it was?

After so many overcast days, I forgot to look!

Cherylinn said...

I clicked on the site you have marked and where do I put in my town?

Gryper said...

FG It looked like a regular satellite except it appeared brighter and larger.

It matched the locate description on the sighting info.

CG I don't know, I couldn't find the same info when I tried SO I sent a message to Ken on Facebook to find out how he got it.

FG Will you ask Ken how to find the sighting info

Fiddling Granny said...

enter in this web site: http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdata/tracking/
click on "sighting opportunities" (left side, 1/3 of the way down the screen)
select "Canada" and click on "GO TO COUNTRY" (left side, 1/2 way down)
click on "Ontario"
click on "Newmarket"
poof !

Fiddling Granny said...

enter in this web site: http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdata/tracking/
click on "sighting opportunities" (left side, 1/3 of the way down the screen)
select "Canada" and click on "GO TO COUNTRY" (left side, 1/2 way down)
click on "Ontario"
click on "Newmarket"
poof !

Gryper said...

That's twice the amount of info I needed, Thank You

SusanE said...

I needed to be told twice. I kept typing in Newmarket as instructed and couldn't figure out why it wasn't out there at the right time.

Cherylinn said...

Way to go Susan....that's hysterical.

PRINCE CHARMING said...

Thats sweet....THATS RIGHT GRYPER SWEET!!