Sitemeter

Monday, October 19, 2009

DOG OR HYDRANT ?

Some days your the dog, some days your the hydrant. Sunday was one of those days.

We started out in 3 vehicles Wendy & Jean in one, Gryper & Mrs. in another and Jamie, Devon, Scott and Andrew in the third with an ATV and Dirt Bike. We were headed To the Dirt Bike Track to watch Jamie ride.

At Shelbourne my truck suddenly lost power then quit. I got it started then caught up to the others who were stopped down the road. I said that there appeared to be a problem but would keep going. We made it to the track but some loss of power on hills.

Jamie & Andrew got dressed in their armour and hit the track. It was really exciting just watching them and all the others roar around the track. Jamie is a very accomplished rider and we took a lot of pictures at various jump locations and had a great time. Everybody had a good time.

On leaving, Scott lead off then Me then Wendy, At Flesherton Wendy split off heading for home, Scott kept an eye on me in case I had further problems. We made it to Orangeville with no serious problems except my loosing power at times. We all went to Wendy's for supper then headed home. Because of the now heavier traffic I went ahead of Scott in case I had further problems. At Schomberg the engine quite again with a large truck immediately behind us so I had to jump a curb to get out of the way. We were able to get started again and made it home.

About 2 minutes in the house Jean realized that she had left her purse with all her money, credit cards and camera at the Wendy's. Mrs, G phoned Wendy's and got some "no mind" on the phone who took 10 seconds to decide that it wasn't there. We decided to go back over in the car and when we got there, after pushing to see a manager it turned out that the purse was there so that ended on a happy note.

On Monday the truck got a new fuel pump and is now happy.

3 comments:

SusanE said...

It feels good to be the hydrant again eh?

I left my purse in Bismarck, ND at a Taco Bell. Fortunately, I realized at the gas station and was able to return and get it. Otherwise I might have gotten all the way to T.D.R. Nat'l Park before realizing.

Cherylinn said...

OMG what a lucky break for Jean....Glad you all had a great time and that your truck is now fixed.

Fiddling Granny said...

♫ Some days are diamonds, some days are stones.

All's well that ends well!