Sitemeter

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

GRUMPY OLD MEN


So today I met with Cliff and Paul whom I worked and argued with for many years at Shell. We got together at Timmie's in Uxbridge because that is kind of mutual territory in terms of each of driving to any location. It was a good time with us picking and needling at each other.

I thought it would be appropiate to get a picture so I asked a young lady at a nearby table if she would take a picture for our bucket list, which she found funny but agreed to do it.
.
After the picture taking we proceeded to go at each other , which I think is a reasonable description of our get togethers. We seldom listen to what is being said for very long, if you take a breath then the subject changes. You could say that much advise is given and none is taken.
.
The main problem is that these guys think they know everything and don't realize that it is I who knows everything. When Frank, (Paul's brother in law) was alive it was even worse because we then had 4 guys who knew everything.
.
They were even kind enough to advise me how to get home BUT I went the way I said I would go. I will take this opportunity to point that the road running WEST from the centre of the old part of Uxbridge goes straight WEST to county road 30 then north to Davis Dr then west to Newmarket.
.
It was suggested that we get together and I said it would have to be next March , Paul asked why so long and while I was saying that we may be in Texas, he changed the subject so I don't think he even heard it.
.
A good time was had by all and I expect that we will do it again, IN MARCH .
.
By the way Paul is on the left and Cliff is on the right in the picture.
.
I appologize for the paragraphs being jamed together the bloody computor won't let me space them out but I put in dots to try to solve the problem If that don't work---oh well

6 comments:

Cherylinn said...

That is too funny, but I also must point out that a male trait is to NEVER listen to a damn thing being said. So in March don't be surprised if Paul says "you never told me that"....

That is so cool that you guys get together like that....

SusanE said...

Actually that sounds exactly like the way Lin and I used to talk back when the kids were smaller. We do more turn taking now, guess it was hard then with the kids interrupting too.

Prince Charming said...

That sounds like it would have been one hell of a get together. I could only imagine with the wonderful stories you tell me about your life and the people in it. Your the man granny
luv ya and miss you

Fiddling Granny said...

It must have been hilarious for onlookers. I can imagine them rolling their eyes and shaking their heads! LMAO

Fiddling Granny said...

Funny ... the word verification I had to put in to enter was "boores"! How fitting was that!

Gryper said...

Well our "get togethers" are like
taking poison, It won't hurt you in small doses.