Sitemeter

Monday, November 1, 2010

SIDE TRIP

So we drove to Kenora which is 1900km then the next day we went with Susan,Megan,Kellon & Mekhi,in 2 vehicles for a short junket of 1050km to Saskatoon to visit with Stephanie, Matt, Kaden & Ireland for 2 sleeps then back to Kenora.

On the way to Saskatoon we had a blowout on Susan's car, put on the spare then on to Sask. The following day Steph, Megan, Thelma & Susan went to Costco and Susan got 4 new tires installed. The guys stayed home with the kids.

After the ladies returned we played poker till supper. The game ended with me beating Kellon after we had eliminated all the rest.

Sunday we left Sask. and back to Kenora passing through groups of deer after dark.

We had a great time there with all the noise and confusion and the kids were so much fun just watching the things they did and said.

One thing which I found particularly funny was, after me several times playing with Mekhi's curly hair, he wanted me to pick him up which I did. He then started playing with my hair and laughing while doing it.

Early next morning Susan & I started taking her dock apart to replace a leaky barrel which took most of the day. We then had a pizza supper with Laurence.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like fun but you barely had time to rest - 2 sleeps isn't enough. I love the line "the men stayed home with the kids"!

Stephanie, Matt, Kaden and Ireland said...

It was a great loud time..LOL we had a blast. thanks again.. oh and big thanks for fixing my ceiling fan :)

Fiddling Granny said...

Sounds like a busy time for sure!

p.s. Your hair is funny!

Cherylinn said...

WOW! that's a lot of milage in such a few short days...Good thing the weather held up nicely for you guys.

Prince Charming said...

Sounds like an incredible journey. I'm sure this is one that will be remembered by all who took part in the travel.
Glad to hear


MISS YOu Granny!!
Love you