Sitemeter

Monday, September 19, 2011

ROUND-UP TIME

Cheryl ask that we bring the Horses and Pigs in while they were at The Walk in the Trees, then they were staying at the cottage over night.

We went up a few days before for a training session, everything went well, the pigs came into their stall as planned then the horses came into their stalls. All went as planned.

Saturday evening we went up to carry out the project, on the way the Missus commented that she had forgot her I-phone, Oh well we don't need it.

As planned and rehearsed she went to the pig pen and I waited in the barn for the pigs to come in she opened the gate and in came the pigs. Unfortunately as the first pig entered the stall, the second one saw me standing in the barn and decided that I was an evil spirit or something and decided she didn't want to actually come in the barn, she took off in the other direction back out in the driveway then back to the pen, no over the the big plastic shed, no back to the pen, no I don't know where I want to go she said to herself. By this time The Missus is at the barn shaking a scoop of grain as a encouragement for her to come to the barn and I am trying to block her way as she starts to run in a different direction. The bloody fat little bugger can run like the wind, she deeks me and goes in a different direction again, Darn I said, I think, no there was something else. Undaunted I tried a different direction so did the pig.

The horses in the meantime are now getting anxious and are starting to panic and jumpy. I don't want them to go nuts but can't let the pig head into the bush we may never see her again. So I tried to divert the pig back to the barn, she heads for the pigpen for safety. We close the gate on the pig pen and then turn our attention to the horses. I open the back door of the barn and Commanchie is waiting to come in, fortunately he is not too upset by all the commotion and both horses come into their stalls and settle into eating.

The pig in the stall has eaten her food and is now started on the other pig's food so we rescue that dish then back out to the pigpen to discuss the matter with the pig, The plan is to bribe her with food to get her to the barn, she seems interested at first but apparently remembered that there is a monster standing in the barn from which she had already had to escape So she diverted in a different direction which took her on the path toward grassy narrows, if she gets there, how do I get her out of there? I decide to cut through the bush to get in front of her. She stands there watching me, but I was able to get in a position to send her back toward the barn.

She now goes around the other side of the Plastic shed where the Missus is waiting still shaking the pan of grain. After a couple of diversionary tactics the pig winds up in the pigpen once again. So we think we are getting somewhere. She then goes into her Pigloo and I think that I might be able to carry her into the barn so I go over to the Pigloo and she comes out like a torpedo, almost knocked me over then charges around the pigpen. It is now almost dark so we decide to call Cheryl for instructions because we don't want her to become Coyote dinner.

Damn, we didn't bring the I-phone, so we drive home where we call Cheryl for instructions, leave her there says Cheryl, it serves her right and she can spend the night in her Pigloo.

At 10 O'clock the Missus says "Did we lock the stall doors?" Damn I think so BUT, back up to check the doors and the Pigloo. Yes we did!!!

Sunday 6:45AM up to let the animals out, hopefully the Coyotes didn't dine last night. Upon arrival we check the Pigpen, that one is still there. In the barn we feed the horses, put out their hay then plan our strategy for getting the other pig out to the Pen without another adventure.

First we let the horses out, then, so I don't scare the pig, the Missus goes to the pigpen and unties the gate and I cautiously push the stall door open so the pig can run out without seeing me and run to the pen.

The pig stands and looks at me with a 'now what' look and doesn't move so I walk past and say "come on" and she follows me out the door then runs over to the pen and inside for FOOD.

We felt bad for having to call Cheryl and worrying her, she felt bad for the hassle we had, BUT everybody lived happily everafter.

THE END.

4 comments:

Fiddling Granny said...

I wish there had been a hidden camera!

Cherylinn said...

LOL....Yes it's very funny to read and hear, but I really wouldn't have wanted to be in your shoes.

Don't worry when you want a retake, you are more than welcome to do it all again. We will change it up a bit, next time Daisy and Violet will have a weekend in their stall and when you are in the barn they can run around and see you are not the boogie man.

You guys did a great job.....

SusanE said...

lol… a pigloo… love it.

Glad the coyotes didn't dine.

Gryper said...

Believe me I wish that somebody had been videoing the event it would have been hilarious to see it.