Sitemeter

Monday, January 11, 2010

HOLLOW HEAD

So the big event for me this year so far is having Polyps removed from inside my nose. For a long time I couldn't breath through my nose which creates some problems like dry mouth when sleeping, can't smell things, stuff like that.

It was a real pain in the ass, well that's not quite true but it is a figure of speech. Anyway I finally decided to go to Dr. Finklestein who is a nose and throat guy and unlike most doctors, he is a nice down to earth friendly guy.

After going to him I then had to go through a bunch of Pre this and Pre that tests and exams so he could do the cutting. No big deal!

The big day comes and Mrs. G has to be there so she can drive me home after it's over. The piss off is that at the end of the day, after her having to wait around all day while I slept, we had to pay 15 dollars parking.

Before he can start I have to get a C.T. scan and when that is done they made a C.D. of the inside of my head so he can do the job.

After I woke up we get this big sermon on all I can't do for the next 10 days. I can't shovel snow which meant she had to do it. I can't sneeze, I can't blow my nose
because my eyes will fall out or something, I can't lift anything heavy which made it awkward when I needed to Pee, if you get my meaning. Anyway my jailer (Mrs.G) now can lord it over me. She rules with an iron fist.

Next day I had to go for a check up. First Betty tells me "I'm going to hurt you but it will only be for 3 seconds" then she makes me hold a little tray,just so, then she takes a hold of 4 strings hang out of my nose and yalks out a couple of feet of packing and tells me to catch the blood. Then Dr.Finklestein takes a look and said everything looks good. He then tells me about using the C.D. and T.V,s to work inside my head. Not only that, he said with this new system he was able to come within less that half a MM of my brain. Then he turned to Betty and said he used the new equipment to do the job. She was impressed. I felt like some sort of celebrity
or something because maybe I was his first time.

It's nice to feel air go up my nose when I breath now. Yes my jailer is still giving me my orders but I guess it's for a good cause.

7 comments:

SusanE said...

So did you get to keep the CD? It would make interesting viewing.

Fiddling Granny said...

Jeez ... just reading this, the inside of my nose is twitching!! Eeeeeuuuuwwww!

By the way, who are you trying to kid, Mrs G is ALWAYS in charge! She IS the boss of you! LOL

Jojo said...

Didn't I warm you that Betty was evil and not to let her pull your strings? She really enjoys her job! On the plus side you won't have to worry about trimming your nose hairs for a while!!!

Cherylinn said...

It made my eyes water. The CD would be good to see. So did you save it?
Great job on your part mum.....he really does listen doesn't he....Or does he just have his hearing aids turned down and he just isn't listening at all.

Homee Dad's View of Life said...

Hey Gryper what about the $15.00? While I was reading the rendition of your experience I was waiting for the part where you recovered the parking fee. I must admit I am disappointed!

HD

Gryper said...

Homee, I got to tell you, that part is what hurt the most

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.